U.S. Brand News
Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats™
Give these Easter egg-shaped goodies a shake to hear the tasty surprise inside - M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies!
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1/2 cup M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies
Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
12 Plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
1. Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add JET-PUFFED Marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly. (SEE THE VIDEO BELOW)
5. Place about 6 M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
FOR MORE RECIPES, VISIT WWW.RICEKRISPIES.COM